WHAT IS AGILE?
Agile is a group of software development methodologies in which complex software requirements are solved by successful collaboration between multiple cross-functional teams. Agile processes promote disciplined project management that boosts teamwork, accountability, organization by making it imperative to follow the best engineering best practices to ensure delivery of high-quality software by aligning customer requirements and company objectives. Given below are the primary benefits of Agile software development methodologies:
- Help to boost teamwork and employee morale
- Promotes creativity and collaboration to attain project goals
- Offers a diverse range of Agile approaches like Scrum, FDD, Kanban, Crystal, etc.
- Leads to an increase in productivity and helps in reducing waste
WHAT IS SCRUM?
A subset of Agile, Scrum is a widely preferred lightweight process framework used for agile development. Scrum provides a guideline for teams working collectively to boost overall productivity, thereby enabling organizations to adapt to evolving circumstances and successfully deliver a product that meets business objectives. Scrum is divided into Roles, Artifacts and Time Boxes, each of these are used for product development, solving complex software related issues and iterative practices.
Scrum is a simple framework that helps to solve problems associated with a variety of project types ranging from software development, hardware development and other forms of complex development assignments. Here is a list of the primary benefits of Scrum process:
- Improves quality of deliverables
- Solves complex development assignments
- Helps organizations to anticipate and cope with changes
- Boost organizational efficiency by providing better estimates
- Ensures completion of projects within stipulated time
Why Agile and Scrum Certification?
Given the ever-evolving changes in the IT market, it is becoming increasingly essential for business organizations to start practicing Agile methodology. Agile and Scrum certifications are highly in demand as these not only improve software delivery but also help in delivery predictability.
Business organizations are constantly on the lookout for professionals with Agile certifications. If you are someone who wants a successful job change or aims to scale up his/her career in the agile domain, then check out the primary advantages of Agile and Scrum certifications:
- Ensures higher compensation in comparison to non-certified professionals
- Improves your visibility in the job market
- Skyrockets your career by lending greater job credibility
- Keeps you in par with current market trends
- Motivates you to become the driver of transformation in your organization
- Encourages discovering of new practices for dynamic project management
- Aligns the perspectives of professionals working as Project Managers
- Promotes the use of product strategy for clarity and direction
- Helps in developing products that are desirable, feasible and sustainable
- Promotes the use of right skills and mindset to develop successful products
- Assists in developing short-term roadmaps that lead to long-term value
- Helps to deliver value faster and make customers happier
Who can opt for Agile and Scrum certifications?
Agile software development has a wide range of applicability. Given below is an estimated list of professionals who can boost their career with Agile and Scrum certifications:
- Product Owners
- Project Managers
- Iteration Managers
- Team Leaders
- Scrum Masters
- Aspiring Agile Coaches
- Management Professionals
- Professionals who need to play leadership roles in Agile projects
Agile certifications can do wonders for your career. If you are someone who aspires to be an expert in Agile software development methodologies in a fast-paced business environment, this certification will assist you in gaining proficient skills and provide you with all the necessary training to successfully deliver value, increase predictability, save money and boost time to market.