SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) Certification Training
Applying the Scrum master role within a SAFe enterprise
- Get a certificate from the globally acclaimed Scaled Agile, Inc
- Get trained by SAFe® Program Consultants (SPCs)
- Earn 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs in just 2 days
- Be prepared to scale Agile across multiple teams
- Be an effective team leader by learning to address challenges
- Get free post training support
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Scrum Master, attendees should be able to:
- Describe Scrum in a SAFe enterprise
- Facilitate Scrum events
- Facilitate effective Iteration execution
- Support effective Program Increment execution
- Support relentless improvement
- Coach Agile teams for maximum business results
- Support DevOps implementation
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
- Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Scrum Master, which includes access to the SSM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Scrum Master certification usage guide with SSM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Who can Attend?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
Who will benefit?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
- What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
- Printed or digital workbook based on course delivery method
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
- Exam name – SAFe® 5 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam format – Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam delivery – Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam access – Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 4 Scrum Master course
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam duration – Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of questions – 45
- Passing score – 33 out of 45 (73% passing score)
- Language – English
For more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at: www.DailyAgile.com
Had a wonderful session with Kiran Thakkar, CST and colleagues over the last two days and am thrilled to be officially certified!
Jason J. Whitmore, “I can’t recommend Kiran enough!”
Media & Tech Giant,,
I took Kiran’s CSPO course and it was fantastic! Kiran is a passionate, funny, and phenomenal teacher with extensive experience–this man has seen it all and has incredible advice for any situation you are facing at your company. His course is accessible if you’re coming from outside the traditional tech industry environment and I feel prepared to step in to the role as CSPO after taking his course. I can’t recommend Kiran enough!
Shailav Patel, Senior System Engineer
The Vanguard Group,,
I would highly recommend Kiran Thakkar. I took two certification courses with him CSM and A-CSM, his knowledge, expertise, and style of teaching, is the best and it makes it easy to understand the concepts. Different tools and examples that he shared was great. Always take time to explain questions asked during the class.
I have attended the training course provided by Kiran for the CSM and right from the beginning till the very end his energy levels never dropped for even a single minute. He strives to impart the knowledge with genuine efforts and ensures you leave the class with confidence instilled to take up the exam. His level of professionalism blended with a perfect sense of humor sets up the learning environment way different than what others provide. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who loves the agile world and is looking for directions to make a start or enhance their careers.
Ryan Hirschey – AVP
Kiran is an excellent instructor in the agile methodology. I have taken 2 courses with him and each was packed with well-organized information. He breaks down each component, explains concepts in detail, shares examples and best practices, and provides a lot of opportunities for active learning. This will help in taking this from the classroom back into the office.
Brett Henry – I thought I knew!
I was very surprised by how much I learned in Kiran’s course. I thought I knew the majority of Scrum rules but his level of detail is exceptional. Additionally, he has a tone and demeanor that is very conducive to a class room setting. You can tell he’s honed his skills over many years of feedback. Yes, he even does retrospectives on himself and his courses. Anyone interested in learning Scrum would be greatly benefited by attending one of Kiran’s classes. The time flies by and he keeps all the break-out group exercises to the point and fun. I will be returning to Kiran for some advanced certifications in the future. You can probably tell: 5 Star Rating!
Kiran provided excellent guidance and has a wealth of experience and knowledge. I truly enjoyed his CSM training course and his lighthearted approach to introduce the material while learning. I would definitely recommend his course and will attend future courses guided by him.
Vinay, Product Owner
I had the opportunity to attend Kiran’s coaching session for -CSPO. The training was highly interactive and engaging. Kiran has in-depth knowledge, expertise, and practical experience of implementing agile and scrum across organizations globally. I would highly recommend him as trainer to individuals and companies aiming to transform their business processes and software delivery using Agile methodology. By Vinay Narasaiah
“I also loved it! He highly encouraged participation during the lecturing sessions and gave us breakout sessions to practice working on a quick “make a brochure” project where he made sure we were applying our Scrum/Agile learnings. After each breakout session, he talked us through what we did in our sessions to really drive home how using the Scrum/Agile methods helped us communicate and improve efficiency in group projects.
I tend to struggle with the intense bootcamp type of learning sessions that Cisco sponsors, due to my learning disability, so I had my doubts going in to the course. I was thoroughly satisfied with the course materials and the teaching skills of Kiran. He explained everything in an easy to understand way, providing stories for examples during each lesson to make sure we could understand the practical use of the lesson. 10 out of 10, would recommend.”
As a student of yours with a learning disability, the way you managed to explain things was amazingly helpful. It was so nice to not feel like I was falling behind my peers like I usually feel due to the way bootcamp classes are typically taught. Thank you so much, By Reed Vandenbroeck, Project Specialist, CISCO
I was a student in Manish Thakkar’s VIRTUAL! Leading SAFe 5.0 Certification Training
on Saturday November 7th, 2020 and Sunday November 8th, 2020 and it was
phenomenal experience on all facets. Manish Thakkar’s instruction, training and course
delivery was instrumental to my learning and I was very impressed with all facets of the
learning. It was an interactive experience with other peers in the class. At all times I felt
the learning was applicable to my work and professional development. At all times my
questions were addressed and my student peer’s questions. I would highly recommend
this course for anyone exploring Leading SAFe 5.0 Certification training because it really
set me up for success going forward and I feel this training has equipped me to deliver
tremendous results at my job and apply the SAFe principles in the work.
Firstly, thank you for not torturing me with PowerPoint for 2 days — it was a breath of fresh air, Your use of SCRUM practical application was absolutely the correct vehicle to get the points across, To be honest in addition to the ‘nuts & bolts’ of SCRUM the course also made me rethink how I approach/lead teams and that will be the biggest adjustment for me. By Robert Hutcheon.
Had one of my best online training few weeks back with Manish for SAFe! Very well and vast knowledge on the framework!
Large Global Bank
VP at Large Global Bank
“Thank you for a great two days. You are a phenomenal instructor and your enthusiasm and knowledge made attending your class a joy. Thank you for your hard work and dedication!”
Kiran is a fantastic instructor; engages the class by encouraging them to think about the reality of their own situations with regard to the concepts being taught. His vast experience allows him to talk to the reality of implementation of the techniques being taught vs. simply reciting text from the slides.
The training at DailyAgile by Kiran really provided valuable knowledge and the trainer had in-depth knowledge on the subject. Though I’m working in Scrum environment this has been an additional toolkit to implement at my work immediately. After attending 2 day class, I became confident to take and complete the exam within a week which I’m very happy that I’m CSM now.